Sunday, January 24, 2010

How not to succeed in college

I think my biggest problem with school is that it is during the day. Yeah, I know thats normal for most people, but I seem to have it all backwards. I don't go to sleep until 4, 5, sometimes even 8 in the morning. When my alarm goes off 3 hours later, all I feel like doing is throwing it against the wall and going back to sleep for another 10 hours. It's not that I'm out partying until those late hours. I'm in bed at 2, trying to fall asleep, rolling around, thoughts racing through my head, and doing everything BUT NOT FALLING ASLEEP!!! I roll over, open my computer, play some Pandora, still can't fall asleep. Get on facebook, see that 12 other people have the same problem as me, talk to them for a little bit, then try falling asleep again. 1 more hour of trying to fall asleep, rolling around, thoughts racing through my head, and doing everything BUT NOT FALLING ASLEEP!!! Roll over again, open my laptop, play some addictinggames.com games, and check facebook and see 7 people still up. By this time, its 4 or 5, and I'm really tired. I try to fall asleep, but again... trying to fall asleep, rolling around, thoughts racing through my head and finally after laying there for another hour and a half, I fall asleep!!!! BEEP BEEP BEEP!!! i just got 3 hours of sleep, and its time for class!!!!

Now If this whole situation happened last semester, I'd say "fuck it, I'll just email someone and get the notes". I would turn off the alarm, and sleep till 3P.M. Well there we go. The insomniac cycle just began. So I stay up till 5 that night, make another excuse, and not go to class.

I'm on academic probation now. I can't miss anymore classes, because I can't afford to fail anymore courses. I have to attend my academic probation class or else I get expelled. I guess I have no choice but to go to class after only getting 3 hours of sleep.

Well it's 7:45A.M. on Sunday and I still havent fallen asleep, so I'm gonna go back through my sleep process, and maybe I'll be asleep by 8:30. I have to be up by 10 so I can get ready for a meeting at the union at 11, and then do homework all day, chapter at 8, ends at 11, go home and study for my quiz and hopefully, I'll be ready for bed by 2, and if I'm lucky, asleep by 4.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah . . this was simultaneously tragic and hilarious. Jimmy . . . GET SOME SLEEP, already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jimmy we both know i sleep less than you. lets get sleeping pills together! without pulling a heath ledger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like somebody needs to get him a prescription for some adderall! (Assuming of course that you have ADD. Taking it otherwise would be abusing it. ESPECIALLY if you need to cram for an exam or need to fix your sleep schedule by staying up for 24 hours.) ;)

    ReplyDelete